Inside My Head: It's normally a pretty scary place to be, but it does promise to be quite amusing and sometimes even funny...

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Stephen, Fancy Cakes, and Pink Carpet Bible Study

Today I feel: Tired, yet cheerful

Yesterday we had bible study, just like we do every Tuesday, at Calyn's house. We call it Pink Carpet Bible Study because Calyn has these awesome fuzzy pink rugs in her room that we sit on. I have really enjoyed bible study because it gives me a chance to read and discuss with other girls and we always have so much fun. Of course the downside to an all-girl bible study is that prayer request time becomes story time, actually any time can become story time, but it's awesome.
Every week we bring snacks, and there has been this joke for a couple of weeks about fancy cakes. Fancy cakes are these Little Debbie snack cakes that Callie really wanted to try. Well, the past two Tuesdays we tried to find them to bring to bible study but we couldn't find them anywhere. Callie finally found some and she brought them to bible study last night. Oooh, and Leah made these really good oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies and Hannah brought Publix chocolate chip cookies (my favorite). Needless to say, we had quite a feast...
Anyways, we have been studying the book of Acts. We normally read one chapter each week and then take prayer requests and talk about things we can work on in our lives. We have corporate prayer and hold each other accountable for those things. Yesterday we read chapter 7, which is about Stephen, so we watched the AT2AP drama of Stephen which is so awesome. It's like 2 hours long so we only got to watch half after we read, but we are going to finish it next week. I had forgotten how much I liked that drama.
Reading through Acts has been pretty cool. It's neat to see the way the church worked and everything. It's also really cool because Calyn and I based our drama on stories in chapters 3, 9, and 12 and I like being able to go back and read them again with new insight.
I think so far, my favorite verse we have read is Acts 5:38b-39:

"For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. (39)But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God."
I really like this verse because it gives me hope. I just think that if whatever I'm doing is from God, no one can stop me. But I must remember that if I am doing something on my own merit, it wil fail. Well, that's about all. Hope everyone is having a good week!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenshka said...

What? You forgot to eat a fancy cake?!?! How could you Christina? :-)

February 03, 2005 10:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home