Inside My Head: It's normally a pretty scary place to be, but it does promise to be quite amusing and sometimes even funny...

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Lessons Learned, Things Figured Out and Discovered

So, I guess it's time to put up some more about the bike trip. It's too much to tell, but as others have done, I'm going to make a little list of things I learned/figured out/rediscovered on the trip...here it goes:

  • I LOVE the weather in Maryland and Virginia
  • Waterfalls and flowing rivers do a great job at reminding you just how awesome God's creation really is
  • I have the best friends ever
  • Mr. Jim is quite possibly the most awesome person on the planet
  • The nose game gets really old really fast
  • Melinda and Amanda are really cool people (and really funny, especially late at night when there is a funky exercise machine around)
  • When you think you don't need any help, that's when you need it the most
  • Long rides + rocky terrain = very sore butt
  • Paul really deserved the servant and best attitude awards, and I'm glad he got them. He is the most thoughtful person I know. I mean, all I did was mention that I kind of wanted some peanut M+M's and the next day he had some for me. If it wasn't for him, I would have been bikeless for just about every training ride, not to mention all the other stuff he does for me. Paul, you're awesome!
  • The bike trip allows you to get to know people like no other circumstance ever will
  • We have an amazing history in this country
  • As much as I didn't want to tour the capitol when we were first asked, it was probably my favorite part of that day
  • You really have to trust Mr. Robbin to go on this trip (ie: "Where were you guys yesterday?" "Umm...we really don't know." "Oh, well, where are you going tomorrow?" "Umm...we really don't know.")
  • Group three--you're the best! If it wasn't for chapstick and pictures and things like breath mints (and porta-potty breaks), this trip would have been a lot less interesting.
  • Goofing off with Rachel (practicing for her wedding with Chad) makes biking go by a lot faster (long live the sisterhood of the traveling napkin!)
  • Janelle's icebreaker question makes for some interesting conversations
  • Seven hours in a Penske truck go by a lot faster when Daniel and I talk non-stop (thanks Daniel!)
  • Jake is one of the funniest people I know
  • Seven or eight flat tires in one day allows you to get changing them down to a science (as I'm sure David could attest)
  • Paul and Daniel don't understand that when I have to pee really bad, it is not funny to tickle me, other times, however, I'm sure it's quite amusing
  • Melinda gives really good back massages
  • "Up up up up up up!" Enough said.
  • Janelle and Nicole's "reading out loud" gives ample time for conversation
  • And last but not least, I don't think any of us will ever understand why they called it Happy Hill

Well, I'll post some pictures tomorrow. I'm tired and this post is long enough as it is. Goodnight all!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenshka said...

Yeah, I get what you're saying. It was easier for my group to get along because we all already knew each other, but you didn't really know that many people in your group before the trip, right?

June 10, 2005 2:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home