Inside My Head: It's normally a pretty scary place to be, but it does promise to be quite amusing and sometimes even funny...

Friday, February 04, 2005

I Heart Weekends!

Today I feel: Happy, happy, happy (did I mention that I'm happy?)

It's the weekend! Whoopyhoo! I love the weekend, it's so great. And, to top it all off, I don't have any homework over the weekend. That is always a good thing. Tonight is Associational Youth Musical Practice, as is tomorrow morning and then the musical is on Sunday. I can't believe that it is already Februrary and time for the musical. Time sure flies. I am really excited though because I like the songs in the musical this year and I have a drama part that is more than two words long (and yes, I mean literally two words. My only line last year was "Oh man!" and some seventh grader had the main part. I tried to be positive and remember that it was all for God, but I can't help but to be much happier about my paragraph part this year.) At any rate it should be fun and I get to see my friends, which is always good.
Okay, now to vent a little bit. In Melodears (singing group at school) we are doing this song with dancing for this thing called small ensemble festival in the special category. Okay, now I realize that I took dance for eight years, but this dance is really not that difficult and people are having a lot of trouble with it. Granted, some people were out because they were sick, but we've been working on it for a month now. There is this one girl, who shall remain nameless, who was dead center in the front and was having difficulty remembering the moves. So, she was always at least one beat behind because she had to look at other people to remember the moves. Because of this, she always looks so spastic because she is constantly trying to catch up. It's just kind of frustrating, because we have all been very patient with her and tried to help her and the others who aren't quite getting it. Ironically, I am on the back row but the people in my row know it the best as a group. At least Victoria and Scranton are on the front row too and they are both really good. And now, our choreographer, Millie, moved the spastic girl to the end of the front row and Victoria and Scranton to the middle. We have been really cracking down on the moves, and Millie is picking us a part and focusing on the little tiny details like whether or not your thumb is sticking out or flush with your palm. Today we had to dance row by row so she could see everyone and how they are doing. Hopefully, we can pull it together in time for the festival next Saturday. Ahhhh! It's only a week away. I hope we're ready. At least I feel more prepared for Sunday's musical...

Well, I'm going to go take a nap before practice because I've gone to bed at midnight or later every night this week (oops!).

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenshka said...

I know that whoopie hoo is a sarcastic thing but I use it both ways, I'm sorry if that offends you, you can get over it Hahaha just kidding. But really, I do use it both ways.

February 06, 2005 10:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home