Inside My Head: It's normally a pretty scary place to be, but it does promise to be quite amusing and sometimes even funny...

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Attack of the Bugs

Hey guys! It's the first day of camp three! We had a day off
yesterday, so the five of us summer staff who are on team B went to
spend the night at Lori and Amberly's apartment. We hung out in the
city for a while and then went back and hung out. It was a nice day
to relax and just get away from camp for a while.
In other news, bugs have invaded our hall. I don't know where they
came from, but two nights ago the camp was empty of campers and just
the staff were here. I was in my room when I heard Lauren, who lives
with JenniGray next door to Stephanie and I, slam the door to the
shower room. She yelled my name and I came running. She was like
"Look in there, it's like a scary movie." I opened the door just a
little and the window was practically covered in these big, black
bugs. A couple of them flew at me when I opened the door and the rest
just swarmed around in the room or stuck to the window. We have no
idea where they came from. Later that day there were a few in our
rooms, so we were spraying them with the Raid that Lauren bought at
the store the other day. Then we went into the hall and there were
some flying around, so Lauren sprayed at them while they were in the
air. When one flew by the light, she sprayed at it and a whole swarm
of bugs came out of the light. She kept spraying for a minute and
then we both ran to our rooms. We came out a few minutes later to a
ton of dead bugs laying on the floor. It was quite an experience. We
haven't looked in the shower room lately, because we use the hot
shower upstairs anyway, but we haven't had much more trouble. I think
the other bugs have taken the dead ones as a warning sign to stay
away.
As far as the water situation goes, we recieved another test the other
day that said that the water was bad again, and the health department
is still threatening to make us leave the campsite. So please be in
prayer for that.
Have a great week at Student Life Camp Northwoods' guys! I'll be
praying for you!

mailto:jenna@radooga.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home