Inside My Head: It's normally a pretty scary place to be, but it does promise to be quite amusing and sometimes even funny...

Saturday, January 28, 2006

I'm Still Here

Isn't it funny how God works? As you all probably know, I'm supposed to be at the conference in Melbourne right now. Well, I'm not, I'm still in Tally. I had to go to the bank on Friday to do paperwork for my car loan and then go to the dealership to pick up the car. I had to do all this after I got out of class and we weren't going to be able to leave on time to get to Melbourne in time to help set up so we could get in for free, so I just decided to stay here and let Calyn go without me. I mean, it really did work out better. In the back of my mind I kinda thought that I shouldn't go the whole time we were planning it because I've got a big research paper due on Monday and there was so much going on this weekend. So, I figured it would be better if I just stayed here. So I did, and everything has really worked out. I've had a great weekend so far.
Friday we picked up my car and everything and then Mom and I went to La Piteria for lunch. We didn't get done until 3:30, but I decided to go into work for the rest of the day even though I was only gonna get like 2 hrs and 15 minutes in. But I went and it was a really fun day and all my friends got to see my new car. That night Mom and I went to my friend Amber's (from work) dance show and I'm really glad I got to go. I was sad that I was gonna miss it when I was gonna be out of town but I told her at work that I could go and she was excited because everyone else was going to the Saturday night performance. So she really appreciated that I went and it was good, so that was fun. Today Mom and I got to spend another day together. We went to Mrs. Rhonnie Schaeffer's Pampered Chef party and it was the best one I've ever been to. Then we went shopping and I got cute new shirts and we went and ate at Olive Garden. And now we're at my mom's office so she can do some work and I can work on my paper, so I'd better go do that. It's great how God works everything out and how he plans things. Just when I think I've got everything under control, he shows me that he knows better. So everyone can see my new car tomorrow! Yay! I love my car. Thank you Jesus.

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28

1 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

I'm sooo excited for you, Jen. I miss you chika! I can't wait to see your new car in a few weeks when I'm at home... yay :) I'm praying for you and love you infinitely!!

January 31, 2006 8:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home