Inside My Head: It's normally a pretty scary place to be, but it does promise to be quite amusing and sometimes even funny...

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

A Hard Lesson to Learn

Today was a pretty good day. I've enjoyed being able to drink more than just water and I've fully recovered from the DVC incident :-).
Tonight I went to FCA for the first time in a long time. It was really good. This guy Jeff who is a senior at my school talked. I don't remember the verse reference, but it was basically about not giving into your sinful nature, but clothing yourself with God. He asked a really good question: If God and all he has to offer me is so much better than what the world has to offer, than why do I keep giving into sin. I know I definitely struggle with this. I mean, yeah, I know that God is enjoyable and that although sin is pleasureable, it eventually leads to destruction and all that stuff, but it's just hard to see. It's a lot easier for me to feel pleasure in listening to a dirty joke or something like that than reading through Leviticus. I know that I am supposed to get all of my pleasure from God, but I still keep sinning. Now, I'm sure part of this is because I don't always "clothe myself with God." It's hard for me to have a consistent quiet time. It's hard for me to get into the word. It's hard for me to stay awake while I'm praying. I'm sure if I can start clothing myself with God, it will be easier for me to see pleasure in God and reject sin. Of course, easier will never make it easy. This is one struggle that I think I will always, well, stuggle with.
Allright, well, off to do homework. Bah!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

It's good to know I'm not the only one that can fall asleep when I'm praying.

I fully understand what you're saying. The answer is that there is spiritual warfare going on. In fact, I just started a series of blogs on this subject and in the second paragraph of yesterday's blog I address your question.

March 29, 2005 8:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home