Inside My Head: It's normally a pretty scary place to be, but it does promise to be quite amusing and sometimes even funny...

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Why?

Today I feel: fine, but a little dissatisfied

Picture this: I haven't had anything but water to drink in 50 days because I gave it up for Lent. I wait until after church to have a DVC (Diet Vanilla Coke, for all you uncool people out there) with Calyn, becuase it will be both of our first ones in 50 days. Lori puts them in the freezer before church so they will be cold after church. Calyn and I run to the kitchen and get our DVCs. We are not sure if they are frozen, but decide to open them and find out. Bad choice. Mine literally explodes all over me. Now, this wouldn't have been so bad, except that I was wearing a brand new Easter outfit and after it exploded there was nothing left but ice in the can. Calyn somehow dodged the explosion of her can, but after she let it all come out in the garbage can, there was none left in her can either. We each got a drip from mine, but it was definitely not the same. I came home to find a two liter in my fridge that had been there since before I started Lent. It was flat. I did get to have some soda that my uncle brought over for Easter dinner, but I still haven't had good DVC. Such a dissappointment. Calyn said that this is God's sense of humor, and Todd said that there is something we can learn from this. All I've learned is not to put cans of soda in the freezer.
Well, Happy Easter everyone, I'm going to Calyn's to watch The Ten Commandments (old-school version) and I'm picking up some DVC on the way.

4 Comments:

Blogger Calyn said...

I have lightning fast reflexes, Jenshka.

March 27, 2005 10:55 PM

 
Blogger Todd G Sapp said...

A 2 liter of DVC in the fridge for 50 days. Now that is impressive. You should check the record books that may qualify. It'd be lucky to last 2 days in my house.

(is It'd a legitiate contraction?)

March 28, 2005 3:25 PM

 
Blogger Jenshka said...

The only reason it lasted so long is because I am the only one who drinks it. And yes, I think it'd is a legitimate contraction, however, legitiate is not a legitimate word.

March 28, 2005 9:32 PM

 
Blogger Lori said...

I'm sorry, Jenshka :o( I love you.

March 28, 2005 10:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home