Inside My Head: It's normally a pretty scary place to be, but it does promise to be quite amusing and sometimes even funny...

Sunday, March 20, 2005

In Memory of Poppi

Today I feel: the peace and comfort that only God can give


This is my grandpa at Christmas. I know he doesn't look real happy in the picture, but I didn't tell him that I was taking it. If I had, he would have had a really goofy smile on his face. He passed away at 6:00 this morning. I have taken it surprisingly well. I mean, I know at his funeral I am probably going to cry my eyes out, and my grandma wants us to sing, so I'm not sure how all that is going to work, but so far, I've been okay. I think that I mentally prepared myself and I've already cried so much about it, so I'm really just feeling peace right now. God has really just surrounded me with comfort and peace about the whole situation. I know that Poppi was ready to go home, and I'm just glad that he's not in pain anymore. If you guys could just keep praying for my grandma and all my family, that would be great. The service is on Tuesday, so we're leaving on Monday and coming back on Wednesday. I'm really going to miss him.
I'm sorry that I haven't blogged in a few days, but the whole blog thing was not letting me post anything. It was really weird, but I just saved my post from Tuesday and put it on now. So you should read it too. Anyways, it's working again.

Other than that, I went to the Jars of Clay concert on Thursday. It was awesome because I love Jars of Clay. I'm out of school for Spring Break, which is awesome. And I've been having tons of fun with the Easter Musical. That's basically it. Oh yeah, and only six days until my birthday!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather Jennanananana... I will be praying for you guys tomorrow and today. I am going through the same thing sorta right now so I understand what you are going through. You can cry to me anytime.. I will cry with you! I love you so much and I am so glad God gave you to me as a friend/ daughter....Love you.. Shannon

March 21, 2005 4:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home