Inside My Head: It's normally a pretty scary place to be, but it does promise to be quite amusing and sometimes even funny...

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Happy Ukrainian Independence Day!



I know that it hasn't been August 24 in Ukraine since 4:59 this afternoon, but it's still August 24 here for another 45 minutes, so it's still Ukrainian Independence Day here. (That reminds me of that shirt that says "It's happy hour somewhere*.") So, I'm sitting here sipping my tea and thinking about Ukraine. My dad said that I am obsessed with Ukraine and Radooga. While that pretty much hits the nail on the head, there is nothing wrong with celebrating holidays from other countries. I mean, no one has a problem celebrating Cinco de Mayo, ya know? I guess Radooga has just impacted me in such a way, that I can't help but loving it and the country of Ukraine and all its people. If you've never been on a foreign mission trip before, you probably haven't experienced this. I know that Janelle had a really hard time leaving China and Ian said that he wanted to go back to Guatemala for like months after he came back. I'm just glad that I have friends that will share with me in obsession over Ukraine and that whenever I miss people or just Radooga in general, I know that they are feeling the same way. I pray that I will be able to go back next summer as an All Summer Staff and I can't wait.
I got an email from Joe from South Carolina that went with us to Radooga. It made me happy to hear from him. I for real need to download ICQ so that I can talk to people from Ukraine. Okay, well, I should get to bed soon. I'm helping decorate for the Godby football team meal tomorrow. I feel like I am betraying my alma mater of Leon, but I am secure enough in my loyalty to be a part of this. Oh, I almost forgot, my new cell phone came in today. I am so excited. My old one has been so messed up for so long, that I have really been needing this. Once it decided to stop making or receiving calls, my dad agreed that it was time for a new phone. Anyway, it's here, so that's happy.

*Jenna Myrick and her affiliates in no way endorse drinking alcoholic beverages or observing happy hour. Okay, just wanted to put that out there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenshka said...

They do.

August 26, 2005 12:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home