Inside My Head: It's normally a pretty scary place to be, but it does promise to be quite amusing and sometimes even funny...

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

"Two!"

Today I feel: like I need to learn how to talk all over again

Quote o' the day: "Is did you found them?" -Jenna Myrick
Wow, what a day. I had a lot of trouble talking today for some reason. Maybe it was because I didn't go to school. No, I didn't skip, well, I sorta did. The ninth and tenth graders had FCAT in the morning and the eleventh and twelfth graders didn't have to come to school until 1:00, but I just didn't go at all. So, after I went and picked the boys up from school, Brandon, Calyn, and I went down to the church to work on the set some more. This is where my speech impediment kicked in.

First, Calyn and I were looking through the craft closet to find some paintbrushes and when she said, "Ooooh!" I was like, "Is did you found them?" (Translation: "Did you find them?" or "Is that them?"). Then later Brandon opened his coke and said, "All right! Free 1-liter Coke product!" So, I yelled out, "Two!" I meant to say "Cool!" but Brandon's interpretation of my slip-up was that I took what was weird about the sentence and yelled out the right word. He said it would have been like if I had said, "This puppy is cute or furry." and he yelled out, "And!" Anyways, we cracked up laughing about both of those situations for quite some time.
Oh, and some great news. Brandon and I came up with a new name for our drama team. The old one was, well...old and no one ever really liked it all that much because we felt that it didn't really apply directly to drama. So, we were thinking of new ones on Sunday afternoon and the first one that Brandon came up with was D-T-double M-S-double T which stands for "Doesn't This Make More Sense Than Todd." (Todd is our youth pastor.) Of course, he was kidding and so after laughing for a while we got serious again a decided on "The TREE." TREE stands for everything that our dramas are about: Truth, Relevance, Explanation, and Encouragement. It's also pretty cool because the cross that Jesus died on is sometimes referred to as the tree and there is the tree of knowledge and other tree-related references.
Well, unfortunately, I do have to go to school tomorrow, because during the FCAT time, I have to take a practice AP English exam (sad day). But, Wednesday, I get another day off (happy day!).

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenshka said...

You actually WANT to come home? I must say, I'm impressed. Haha, just kidding. Yeah, me and Calyn realized that we write a lot of the same stuff but we can't really help it because we are like always together and funny stuff always happens. At least you get to hear two different views. Hope to talk to you soon!

March 01, 2005 11:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home